Kaju katli also known as kaju barfi is a popular Indian sweet made from cashews. Here is a basic recipe for making kaju katli at home:
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp ghee (clarified butter)
- Finely grind the cashew nuts in a food processor or mixer.
- In a pan, combine the sugar and water and bring to a boil. Keep stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cashew nut powder to the pan. Keep stirring for about 5-7 minutes, until the mixture thickens and forms a dough-like consistency.
- Add the ghee and mix well.
- Remove the pan from heat and transfer the mixture to a greased plate or tray.
- Allow the mixture to cool for a few minutes, then knead it lightly with your hands to make it smooth.
- Roll out the mixture with a rolling pin to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut the mixture into diamond-shaped pieces.
- Allow the kaju katli to cool completely before serving.